The Rockwood Behavioral Health Center offers mental health
treatment for children, adolescents, families, and adult patients.
Services provided include diagnostic assessment; neuropsychological
testing; pharmacological management; individual, couples, and
family therapies; group therapies; and support groups, with an
emphasis on counseling and therapy, as well as some case
management. Conditions to be treated would include depressive
disorders, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, mood and
thought disorders, and developmental delays. These services will be
provided at various levels of care by various providers.
- Individual, couples, and family counseling
- Academic and career counseling
- Coping with physical illness, mental illness and developmental
- Depression, grief and loss
- Learning disabilities
- Life transitions
- Substance abuse and process addictions (food, internet,
shopping, gambling, exercise)
- Stress and anxiety management, life transition issues
- Eating disorders and weight loss, body image issues
- Trauma stress, post-traumatic stress disorder, crisis
- Parenting issues
- Administering psychological testing
Behavioral Health CenterDeaconess Medical Office Building
801 West Fifth Avenue, Suite: 422
(509) 755-6580Map Location
Jeffrey Schack, M.D.
Jeffrey Schack, M.D., joined the Rockwood Behavioral Health Center in September 2012. He received his undergraduate degree in Biochemistry from the University of California in San Diego, and his medical degree from Finch University of Health Sciences/The Chicago Medical School in Chicago, IL. Dr. Schack completed a residency in psychiatry at Wilford Hall Air Force Medical Center in San Antonio, TX. He is certified by and a Diplomate of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Schack has extensive experience in trauma-based psychiatric disorders using a variety of techniques including cognitive-behavioral therapy, hypnotherapy, and pharmacotherapy.